Published on Oct 21, 2014
- Standard YouTube License
The Institute has maintained its cooperation with various international research institutions, universities, NGOs and individual researchers from Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, France, England, China, Japan, India, Republic of Korea, Ukraine, Canada, United States, ASEAN nations and many other countries. The institute also plays the role as coordinator in the implementation of various research cooperation programmes. Some important projects can be mentioned are as follows:
- Institutional reform in S&T system in the transition to market economy, supported by SAREC/Sida (Sweden (1993-2000).
- Vietnam-Netherlands Research Programme (VNRP), funded by Dutch government (1994-2002).
- VIETPRO-2020: Vietnam-Canada environmental management training programme, supported by CIDA, Canada (1994-1998).
- Relationship between functions and transitional structure of the R&D system of Vietnam, supported by German Federal Government (1996-1999).
- Linkage between Research and Post-graduate Education in Vietnam (RAPOGE), supported by SAREC/Sida, Sweden (1996-1999).
- WASTE-ECON Programme: Making waste treatment for the economy through the development of integrated waste management capacity in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, supported by CIDA, Canada (2000-2005).
- Assessment on S&T of Vietnam, jointly supported by Vietnam Ministry of Science and Technology and German Ministry of Research and Education (2004-2005).
- Enhancement of Vietnam technology capacity and institutional development for technology transfer to Small and Medium Agro-businesses, supported by SAREC/Sida, Sweden (2000-2008).
- Management Intangibles in the Knowledge-based Economy, supported by EU under the ASIA-LINK programme (2007-2010).
- Innovation Policy Studies: Analytical method and impacts on SMEs in the context of WTO integration, cooperation with AAAS and NAS, USA (2008-2009).
- Preparatory studies for S&T strategy up to 2020: innovation approach policy, cooperation with World Bank (2008-2009).
- Building Technology Foresight Capacity for Vietnam S&T development Strategy, period 2011-2020, cooperation with NISTEP, Japan (2008-2009).
- Horizon scanning and trend monitoring, supported by Rockefeller Foundation (2009-2010).
- Policy Advice to Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy (STI) 2011-2020 and High Technology Law Implementation, supported by UNIDO (2009-2011).
- Projects on Climate Change funded by Rockefeller Foundation (2011-2014).
- Communication model on climate change: risks and adaptation, for communities living in coastal and delta areas of Vietnam, supported by IDRC (2011-2014).
- Supporting for development of S&T strategy in compliance with innovation systems and adjusting mechanism, supported by IPP (2011-2012).
Read more ...
Uniformly apply policies and measures of economic development associated with implementing the progress and social justice; focus on ensuring the social sustainable development in Vietnam, social security, citizen health care, create jobs, raise incomes, reduce poverty and the rich - the poor gap; focus on resolving pressing issues, especially in the clearance and land compensation recovery, negatives on health, education and training. Mobilize social resources for poverty reduction; look for solutions to improve material and spiritual life for citizens.
In particular, need to innovate radically and comprehensively education and training, improve the quality of human resources, specially interest in leadership, management, business administration, science and technology, artistic culture; improve the quality of education, especially higher education; focus on shifting from width to depth on training.
Strengthen and set up a rich, diverse and healthy cultural environment, enhance operational efficiency of the cultural institution system at all levels; simultaneously, renovate, upgrade and build some cultural works of art, gymnastics, and modern sports.
Government, the Supreme People's Court, Supreme People's Procuracy high focus on building, implementing judicial reform proposals to ensure the quality and progress; take on the role of training, re-training, training for professional staffs, judges, jurors, investigators, prosecutors, executors, and enforcement officers. Continuously improve provisions of the law on the organization and operation of the judicial authorities on civil litigation, legal support, corruption prevention, administrative violation, terrorism prevention, and extradition of criminals.
Strengthen national defense and security; maintain independence, sovereignty, unity, territorial integrity, especially on coasts and islands of the country. Modernize national defense and security strengths both on modern facilities and techniques for the armed forces. Proactively and positively take part in international integration and Vietnam foreign relations. Promote traditional friendly relations and strategic cooperation with bordering neighboring countries. Pay a special attention to solve existing issues of territorial boundaries, especially issues related to South China Sea in a satisfactory manner, based on principles of peace, the respect of international law, and regional and international disciplines.
Read More ...