Uploaded on Aug 18, 2010
Guests: Journalists and film directors Ivan and Mirela Cigic
Moderator: Mark Riedemann
Production Date: 2010
Host Mark Riedemann interviews Catholic journalists and film directors, Ivan and Mirela Cigic regarding the lingering effects of war, the peace agreement, the ongoing tensions between the communities and finally the efforts of the Catholic Church to assure the future of Catholics in Bosnia & Herzegovina and efforts towards reconciliation through education.
- Standard YouTube License
Old Bridge of Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Photo: UNESCO/Sinisa Sesum
4 May 2013 – An independent United Nations human rights expert today voiced concern at the extent to which political bodies have influence over cultural institutions in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and urged the Government to ensure that people have opportunities to engage freely in cultural life.
“Culture and education seem to have been held hostage to political debates,” Farida Shaheed, the UN Special Rapporteur in the field of cultural rights, said as she wrapped up her first mission to the country.
“This has an immense detrimental effect on the artistic, cultural, scientific and academic life in the country, and on the right of all people, without discrimination, to enjoy their cultural rights and to access their cultural heritage,” she stated in a news release.
Ms. Shaheed said one telling example is the current uncertainty surrounding the fate of seven crucial cultural institutions in Bosnia and Herzegovina, including the National Museum which closed its doors last year.
“I am concerned by the extent to which political bodies have expanded their influence over cultural institutions, whose independence should be guaranteed in law as well as in practice,” she said, noting that there was frustration across the board during her visit that efforts are being blocked at the level of senior decision-makers and politicians.
The Special Rapporteur stressed that one worrying trend lies in “over-emphasizing cultural differences, including linguistic differences, to justify practices amounting to segregation of people based on their ethno-national affiliation, in particular in the field of education.”
The population of Bosnia and Herzegovina is predominantly divided among three constituent peoples, or ethnic groups – Bosniaks, Serbs and Croats.
She urged all levels of Government to maximize the opportunities for people to engage in culture, sports, science and arts, and to have access to “neutral spaces where politics and ethno-national affiliations do not interfere.”
“A dynamic, pluralistic and inclusive culture is central to reconciliation and it is most certainly the way forward, in terms of both peace and economic development for Bosnia and Herzegovina,” said the expert.
During the 12-day mission that concluded today, Ms. Shaheed met with a wide range of actors Sarajevo, Mostar, Jajce, Banja Luka, Brèko and Srebrenica, and visited a number of monuments, memorials and museums.
Independent experts, or special rapporteurs, are appointed by the UN Human Rights Council to examine and report back on a country situation or a specific human rights theme. They work in an unpaid capacity. Ms. Shaheed will present her report at a forthcoming session of the Council in Geneva.
News Tracker: past stories on this issue
- University of Sarajevo (Sarajevo); 
- University of East Sarajevo (East Sarajevo); 
- University of Banja Luka (Banja Luka); 
- University of Mostar (Mostar); 
- University "Džemal Bijedić" of Mostar; 
- University of Zenica (Zenica); 
- University of Bihać (Bihać); 
- University of Tuzla (Tuzla); 
- University of Travnik (Travnik); 
Private (including standalone faculties and high colleges)
- University of Herzegovina (Medjugorje and Mostar) 
- International University of Sarajevo (Sarajevo) 
- Sarajevo School of Science and Technology (Sarajevo) 
- International Burch University (Sarajevo) 
- American University in Bosnia and Herzegovina (Sarajevo and Tuzla) 
- University of Vitez (Travnik) 
- International University of Travnik (Travnik) 
- International University "Philip Noel Baker" (Sarajevo) 
- Faculty of public government (Sarajevo) 
- Paneuropean University ApeiroN (Banja Luka) 
- Banja Luka College (Banja Luka) 
- Banja Luka College of Communications Kappa Phi (Banja Luka) 
- High college for applied and law sciences "Prometej" (Banja Luka) 
- Slobomir P University (Doboj and Bijeljina) 
- University College of Prijedor (Prijedor) 
- University Sinergija (Bijeljina) 
- Open University ApeiroN (Travnik) 
- High college for business management "PRIMUS" (Gradiška) 
- High college „CEPS-Center for Business Studies“ (Kiseljak)
- International University of Goražde (Goražde) 
- http://www.unsa.ba University of Sarajevo
- http://www.unssa.rs.ba University of East Sarajevo
- http://www.unibl.org University of Banja Luka
- http://www.sve-mo.ba University of Mostar
- http://www.unmo.ba University "Džemal Bijedić" of Mostar
- http://www.unze.ba University of Zenica
- http://www.unbi.ba University of Bihać
- http://www.untz.ba University of Tuzla
- http://www.unt.ba/ University of Travnik
- http://www.sveherc-edu.com University of Herzegowina
- http://www.ius.edu.ba International University of Sarajevo
- http://www.ssst.edu.ba Sarajevo School of Science and Technology
- http://www.ibu.edu.ba/ International Burch University
- http://www.aubih.edu.ba American University in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- http://unvi.edu.ba/ University of Vitez
- http://www.iu-travnik.com/ International University of Travnik
- http://www.iupnb.edu.ba International University
- http://www.fju.edu.ba Faculty of public government
- http://www.apeiron-uni.eu Paneuropean University ApeiroN
- http://www.blc.edu.ba Banja Luka College
- http://www.blcc.edu.ba Banja Luka College of Communications Kappa Phi
- http://www.prometej-bl.com High college for applied and law sciences "Prometej"
- http://www.spu.ba Slobomir P University
- http://www.koledzprijedor.org University College of Prijedor
- http://www.sinergija.edu.ba University Sinergija
- http://www.out.edu.ba Open University ApeiroN
- http://www.primus-gradiska.com High college for business management "PRIMUS"
- http://www.univerzitetgorazde.com/ International University of Goražde
Published on Mar 21, 2014
Sarajevo Canton TV station emitted an interview with international students in Bosnia and Herzegovina, state and private universities. Thanks to our dear students who participated in filming process; Rijad Dedeić, Lajla Mušić, Valentin Galatanu, Urmat Kadyrakunov and Emin Ugur Taskin.
- Standard YouTube License
Translated version of this PSD: Bosnian
Project description and objectives
The EBRD is considering to support the retailer Bingo's further expansion in Bosnia and Hercegovina (BiH). Specifically, the Bank would support the acquisition by Bingo of smaller competitors, leading to a consolidation in the fragmented local retail sector. The EBRD's financing will also support the company's investments in energy efficiency and sustainable resource investments, leading to improved sustainability performance of Bingo’s retail outlets.
Published on Jun 4, 2013
[This video presented by Mike Greer, The Best Free Training website: http://www.bestfreetraining.net ]
This is a video tour of "Alison: A New World of Free Certified Learning." Alison is simply amazing! It provides 500 free courses, 60 million free lessons, over 4 million hours of study, as well as diplomas, certifications, teacher/supervisor tracking tools, and more.
From the website: "ALISON is the world's leading free online learning resource for basic and essential workplace skills. ALISON provides high-quality, engaging, interactive multimedia courseware for certification and standards-based learning.... The mission of ALISON is to enable anyone, anywhere, to educate themselves for free via interactive, self-paced multimedia. It is our belief that through ALISON, the cost of access to high-quality education can be removed....Through the ALISON learning platform we can assist people around the world in educating themselves, thereby creating a more equitable and sustainable global society."
(For more reviews of great free training and education resources, visit The Best Free Training website, http://www.bestfreetraining.net or watch the YouTube Tour here: http://youtu.be/QLche6io7Ew ) -- Or visit Mike Greer's WORTH SHARING at http://worth-sharing.net
- Standard YouTube License
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) have opened new doors for free online learning that lends itself well to ICT-related subjects. Meanwhile, employers seek candidates with relevant web skills. The Supply and Demand of MOOCs Infographic shows what skills are most in demand and what MOOCs are available that teach those skills, based on the results of a study conducted by the European Commission.
Top skills employers are looking for:
- Web and app design
- Domain-specific skills
- Programming languages
Top skills students want to learn:
- Web design
For Learners and Tutors
- Finance and Accounting
- Foundation and Vocational Education
- Higher Qualifications
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Management and Leadership
- Media Studies
For Universities, Organisations and Corporate Learning Centres
- Open Educational Resources
- Economics Centre
- Education, Staff Development and Teacher Training
- Entrepreneur Centre
- Financial Centre
- Foundation and Vocational Education Centre
- Higher Qualifications Centre
- Human Resource Centre
- IT Centre Centre
- Language Centre
- Management Centre
- Management and Leadership Development Centre
- Marketing Centre
- MBA Centre
- Media Centre
- Postgraduate Centre
- Research Centre
- Undergraduate Centre
Published on Apr 9, 2015
Let's SUPPORT our brighter future together! Vote for us and help us win Europian Public Champion title http://bit.ly/1Du1wAQ
reshaping the world for the better.
With a little help from our friends
(it's YOU, my friend)
We can make beautiful things happen.
Progress is much more than just a word.
Human values are much more than just a nice phrase.
It's in the essence of our being.
We are ECG
European Consulting Group
We do our best to make this country and this region
a better place to live in.
For what we achieved
# The National Screening Programme for Colorectal, Cervical and Breast Cancer
The aim was to contribute to the improvement of the health and well-being of the population of Serbia by supporting the implementation of national cancer screening systems.
It initiated the process that should strengthen public health capacities and strengthen human resources for cancer screening, while assisting the Ministry of Health in an awareness and mobilisation campaign.
# Vocational and Educational Training for Adults in Detention Facilities
The main goal of the project was to improve the employability of adults serving their prison sentence and to facilitate their re-socialization after release.
The pilot training phase was conducted in the 3 selected prisons (Sremska Mitrovica, Pozarevac and Nis) for more than 500 inmates. 95% of them were successfully trained in one of five professions: welding, printing, furniture manufacturing, baking and olericulture.
In what we succeed
# The National Programme for Eradication of Rabies and Classical Swine Fever
This campaign led to the improvement of animal health in Serbia through the development and implementation of national strategies to eradicate, control and monitor rabies in foxes and to eradicate, control and monitor Classical Swine Fever (CSF) in the pig population.
Also, by preventing the spread of CSF from the feral pig population to domestic pigs, it improves the prospects for trade of agricultural products.
# Strengthening of the Blood Safety System
The Safety of the Blood Supply is of utmost importance to safeguard patience from serious adverse events of blood transfusion.
The Project emphasised education, planning and introduction of standardisation as the means to start implementing a quality system in the National Institute for Blood Transfusion covering the whole territory of Macedonia.
# Strengthening public debt management capacity
The Project improved knowledge on public debt management in all three finance ministries in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Detailed analysis of the needs for further improvement of debt management processes at all levels of government performed.
We've just been proclaimed the National Public Champion 2014/2015 in competition for the European Business Awards!
By public voting.
This time we go international!
Let's win for a good cause.
our better future together.
Click on the following link to support us on European Business Awards http://bit.ly/1Du1wAQ
- Standard YouTube License
Institute for Tourism and Environment in Mostar and Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality in Opatija continued with performance of cycle IV of vocational education program through training for job “Specialist for food and beverage department” in Mostar.
Professional training “Specialist for food and beverage department” is based on lifelong education and practical training of participants in the important sector of work and activities such as the department of food and beverage in catering and hotel facilities.
During the lectures within the cycle IV following topics were covered: The role and importance of the purchasing department in the catering company; Dishes of vegetarian and macrobiotic cuisine; Forms of the offer in catering facilities; Soups-international, national Croatian, macrobiotic and vegetarian cuisine; The role and importance of gastronomy; Cold appetizer - international, national Croatian, macrobiotic and vegetarian; Marketing in the formation of food and beverage offer; Marketing of communication between catering facilities and the market; Promotional mix as a mean of marketing communication; Marketing strategy of food and beverage sales and Marketing activity of catering facilities.
The program is implemented with the technical support of the Tourism Cluster Herzegovina and the Regional Economic Development Agency of Herzegovina, in the framework of the Project for Development of International Tourism Corridor of Herzegovina and Environmental Protection in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and with the support of the Japan International Cooperation Agency JICA.
- About Us
- International Student Recruitment
- International Education
- Learning Centres
- Lifelong Learning
- Open Educational Resources
- Quality Assurance
- Study in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Study in Europe
- Vocational Education