Management Class

Open Educational Resources and Learning Centres

Management Class Product Groups:

1. Open Educational Resources are customizable MOOCs-like pre-university level courses which offer education and training at all levels throughout the world, Read more and feel free to join Management Class Global Group.

2. Learning Centres  using Management Class' customizable pubic programmes, courses and modules introduce, publish and share our institutional and organizational partners' degree or higher vocational qualifications level programmes and courses to international clients for online and/or campus-based delivery.

Published on May 14, 2013

Under Belgium's federal system of government, responsibility for education policy lies with its three linguistic communities, the Dutch-speaking Flemish community, the French-speaking community and the German-speaking community. The regional government of Flanders, combining both regional and community powers, oversees an education system that is among the world's top performers.

  • Category

  • License

    • Standard YouTube License

How to Get a Student Visa for Belgium

If you’re hoping to study in Belgium, you may need to apply for a visa, depending on where you’re from and the length of your course. Find out if you need a student visa for Belgium, how to apply, and what documents you’ll be asked for.Do you need a visa to study in Belgium?

Students from a European Union Member State or from a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) are not required to obtain a student visa in order to study in Belgium. They are, however, required to carry a national identity card, which they must present to the customs officer on arrival to Belgium. If you are a student from the EU, you must still fulfill certain criteria to study in Belgium, which include:

  • Enrollment at an approved university/educational institution,
  • Sufficient income to live in Belgium without needing income support,
  • Comprehensive health cover.

If you are a citizen of a country that does not belong to the EU, you may need a student visa to gain entry to Belgium. Students from some countries (such as the US) are not required to obtain a visa for Belgium if their stay is no longer than 90 days.

Students from the People’s Republic of China must obtain an academic evaluation certificate issued by the Academic Assessment Centre (APS) before being authorized to enroll in a higher education institution in Belgium. This APS certificate is required to obtain a student visa for Belgium. The examination consists of a technical assessment of your diploma and an interview. In certain cases, you can be exempted from this interview.

How can you apply for a student visa for Belgium?

Before applying for a student visa for Belgium, you first need to be accepted onto a course at an accredited educational institution, and pay the registration fees (this will be refunded if your visa application is rejected). If you are an international student, you will then need to contact your nearest Belgian embassy or consulate in your country. The embassy will help you determine whether you need a student visa, and will guide you through the visa application.

All the information concerning Belgian visa applications can be found on the website of the Foreigners Department of the Federal Public Service (FPS) for Home Affairs, available to read in French, Dutch and English. As an international student, you’ll need to apply for a national long-stay visa (D visa), which allows you to stay longer than 90 days in Belgium.

The procedure to obtain a visa for Belgium varies depending on the Belgian consulate or embassy you use. In general, however, you’ll need to fill in a visa application form and submit an application fee along with all the required documents (see below). Applicants from some countries may need to make an appointment with their consulate or embassy in order to make their application. It is also possible that some consulates may work with an external service provider who carries out most of the administration tasks – an additional service fee will be charged in this case.

What are the student visa requirements for Belgium?

To fulfill student visa requirements for Belgium, you’ll need to provide the following documents:

  • A completed and signed visa application form (you may need to bring more than one)
  • A passport or similar travel document valid for more than 12 months. In some countries it’s required for the passport to be no more than 10 years old, and have two empty consecutive pages facing each other.
  • Proof that you have sufficient financial income or support for the duration of your stay. This must cover your healthcare, living, study and accommodation costs as well as the cost of your return ticket. This can be in the form of a certificate stating you have received a grant or scholarship, an agreement of financial responsibility from your sponsor, or your personal bank statement showing sufficient funds.
  • A medical certificate stating you don’t carry any diseases that may endanger public health (such as TB, diseases that require quarantine and other infectious diseases)
  • A police certificate of good conduct confirming that you don’t have any prior convictions (if you are aged over 21). If you’re from the US, you’ll probably need an FBI background check, which can take up to five months to obtain.

Student visa requirements for Belgium also include proof of your student status and study plans. For this, you may need:

  • Proof of registration at a recognized higher education institution in Belgium (must cover a full-time course of study, suggesting that the candidate’s main activity in Belgium is studying)
  • Application for an equivalence certificate for a diploma or certificate conferred abroad (only required for French Community education)
  • Original and certified copy of your diploma, certificate or baccalaureate from your secondary education, and the academic record from your last year of secondary education
  • Copy of all diplomas and certificates obtained since the end of your secondary education
  • An employer’s statement underlining the necessary for you to pursue higher education as part of your work (more likely to apply to postgraduate students)
  • Documentation giving a brief description of the courses organized by your institution of choice, with a short explanation comparing those courses to courses organized in your country of origin

All documents in a language other than German, French, English or Dutch must be translated by a sworn translator, legalized as a separate document in your country of origin, and legalized again by the Belgian consulate or embassy you go to. Your consulate or embassy may ask for other documents not mentioned here, depending on your country of origin.

You will also need to provide a supporting letter explaining why you have chosen the particular course, why you have chosen to study in Belgium, and how your choices will benefit you. You must demonstrate that you have sufficient knowledge of the language in which you intend to study, by providing either proof of passing an internationally recognized language proficiency exam or a certificate issued at the end of education in your chosen language.

You can track your visa application using your reference number and the location of your chosen consulate or embassy. The Belgian consulate or embassy considers visa applications on a case-by-case basis and has the exclusive decision to accept or refuse your visa. You may appeal against this decision if you wish.

If the embassy or consulate you have applied to is unable to process your student visa application for some reason, they may suggest you apply for a tourist visa, which is easier for them to issue. If so, make sure they give you a written statement showing that they advised you to apply for a tourist visa, as this statement will allow you to exchange your tourist visa for a student visa once you’re in Belgium, and allow you to register at your chosen higher education institution.

Arrival in Belgium

All students (including those from the EU) must go to the local municipal administration within eight days of arrival in Belgium. You will then be issued with a residence permit which allows you to stay in Belgium and also allows you entrance to the Schengen States without a visa for a period not exceeding three months. You can apply to renew your residence permit yearly, approximately 30 to 45 days before its expiry date.

Higher Education Opportunities in Flanders

Facts and Figures

  • Name: Flanders
  • Form of state: federated entity of the federal state of Belgium
  • Capital city: Brussels
  • Area: 13,522 sq km (5,220.8734 sq miles)
  • Number of inhabitants: 6,251,983
  • Population density: 462 inhabitants / sq km
  • Climate: temperate maritime climate
  • Temperature: average daytime temperature between 1° C (January) and 21° C (August)
  • Geography: flat land bordered by the sea
  • Language: Dutch
  • Religion: predominantly Roman Catholic, also Islam, Protestantism and Judaism
  • Currency: euro
  • Time zone: GMT + 1
  • Daylight saving starts: last Sunday in March
  • Daylight saving ends: last Sunday in October
  • Electricity: 220V
  • Electric plug details: European plug with two circular metal pins
  • Weights and measures: metric
  • Country dialling code: 32

Read more ...

List of universities in Belgium

Uploaded on Apr 11, 2011

Professor Christine Demaecker talks about the translation and interpretation Studies at HEB - ISTI in Brussels, Belgium.

  • Category

  • License

    • Standard YouTube License

In Belgium, which is a federal state, the constitution attributes legislative power over higher education to the Communities.[1] The Dutch-speaking Flemish Community, the French Community and the German Community thus determine which institutes of higher education they organise or recognise, and which diplomas may be legally issued by these institutes. Below is a list of recognised institutes of higher education in Belgium sorted by the responsible Community.

1 Institutes of Higher Education in the Flemish Community 

1.1 Universities

1.2 University Colleges

1.3 Registered Institutes of Higher Education

2 Institutes of Higher Education in the French Community

2.1 Universities

2.2 Colleges

2.3 Arts Colleges

3 Institutes recognized by All Communities

4 Institutes recognized by foreign countries

5 Institutions with external validation

6 International rankings

7 See also

8 References

9 External links

Video Tour of Alison: Free Certified Learning

Published on Jun 4, 2013

[This video presented by Mike Greer, The Best Free Training website: ]
This is a video tour of "Alison: A New World of Free Certified Learning." Alison is simply amazing! It provides 500 free courses, 60 million free lessons, over 4 million hours of study, as well as diplomas, certifications, teacher/supervisor tracking tools, and more. 

From the website: "ALISON is the world's leading free online learning resource for basic and essential workplace skills. ALISON provides high-quality, engaging, interactive multimedia courseware for certification and standards-based learning.... The mission of ALISON is to enable anyone, anywhere, to educate themselves for free via interactive, self-paced multimedia. It is our belief that through ALISON, the cost of access to high-quality education can be removed....Through the ALISON learning platform we can assist people around the world in educating themselves, thereby creating a more equitable and sustainable global society."
(For more reviews of great free training and education resources, visit The Best Free Training website, or watch the YouTube Tour here: ) -- Or visit Mike Greer's WORTH SHARING at

  • Category

  • License

    • Standard YouTube License

Management Class Courses, Programmes and Services

MOOCs Supply and Demand

Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) have opened new doors for free online learning that lends itself well to ICT-related subjects. Meanwhile, employers seek candidates with relevant web skills. The Supply and Demand of MOOCs Infographic shows what skills are most in demand and what MOOCs are available that teach those skills, based on the results of a study conducted by the European Commission.

Top skills employers are looking for:

  • Web and app design
  • Domain-specific skills
  • Programming languages
  • Android
  • iOS

Top skills students want to learn:

  • Web design
  • HTML5
  • Android
  • Javascript
  • CSS


For Learners and Tutors

Pre-University MOOCs-like Programmes

For Universities, Organisations and Corporate Learning Centres

Partnership and Management Class Learning Centres

  • Open Educational Resources
  • Economics Centre
  • Education, Staff Development and Teacher Training
  • Entrepreneur Centre
  • Financial Centre  
  • Foundation and Vocational Education Centre
  • Higher Qualifications Centre
  • Human Resource Centre
  • IT Centre Centre
  • Language Centre
  • Management Centre
  • Management and Leadership Development Centre
  • Marketing Centre
  • MBA Centre 
  • Media Centre
  • Postgraduate Centre
  • Research Centre
  • Undergraduate Centre

Vocational Education and Training

Belgium - a personal approach to training entrepreneurs

Since 2011, numbers of self-employed people under 30 years of age have risen steadily. This trend could well continue unabated despite the obstacles faced by self-employed people. Running a business requires specialist training which is not accessible for most budding entrepreneurs.

Read more ...

Belgium: European Forum for Vocational Education and Training